Are you a dynamic, energetic individual with a passion for making greater Birmingham a better place for everyone? Do you want to leave a lasting imprint on the city you love? Are you ready to affect positive change, but not sure where to start?
Here’s your chance to put your special brand of verve and zest to work to make a better Birmingham for our most vulnerable neighbors! One Roof is currently recruiting Bham’s most vibrant movers and shakers to serve as Junior Board members who will help us make a big impact and end homelessness in central Alabama.
The One Roof Junior board will be a diverse, enthusiastic group of professionals from many sectors of the greater Birmingham community, including, but not limited to, the business and financial sectors, the service industry, the nonprofit sector, and the faith community. These enterprising folks will work together to raise awareness of One Roof, its mission and services, and to help end homelessness in central Alabama through community involvement, fundraising, and education.
You’re already a leader. You do everything from single-handedly planning that big group trip to Vegas to convincing everyone to head out to that new karaoke bar on a Monday night. If you can lead your friends to take these leaps with you, you can definitely lead them to make a difference in the lives of homeless men, women, and children.
Junior Board members will have a lot of opportunities to make an impact by supporting One Roof’s mission, including:
- Fundraising (Egging on your colleagues to keep bidding on that must-have auction item or making sure your friends will be feeling the FOMO if they don’t buy a ticket to the fabulous event you’ve been planning all month.)
- Event planning (Finally, a chance to put that “Party Ideas” Pinterest board to good use!)
- Advocacy (Rubbing elbows with Alabama executives, policymakers, and power players to support initiatives like affordable housing and tiny homes.)
- Education (Feeling like the smartest person in the room while you deliver a presentation on homelessness in greater Birmingham.)
- Much more (You’re the dynamo in the room. This is where you get to use your imagination to make a difference in the lives of those who need it most!)
With its great new parks, restaurants, businesses, and breweries, Birmingham is moving in a great direction. Let’s make sure our homeless neighbors don’t get left behind. Apply to One Roof’s Junior Board today to be part of the solution to homelessness in central Alabama.
For more information about the One Roof Junior Board, email Sherri Ross at firstname.lastname@example.org.